From: Evidence-based prevention of cannabis use in flanders is there a role for health economic evaluation?
Intervention costs*: direct costs of employees and materials and buildings:
- Wages of employees and the amount of time spent on the intervention
- Materials (re-usable/non re-usable, e.g. buildings, transport, didactic material) and attributable costs (distinguishing between fixed and variable costs)?
Direct treatment costs*: direct medical costs for treatment of symptomatic (physical and psychical) health problems related to different levels of use.
Indirect productivity costs: impact of the different levels of drug use on
- Absenteeism as a consequence of morbidity
- Decreasing personal development and level of productivity
Indirect 'control' costs
- repressive and (secondary) preventive means to deal with social trouble (e.g. police activities, social workers, prisons,...)
▪ linearly related to the number of users
▪ non-linearly related to the number of users